Cathleen Bate also known as Star and Stripe has a Quirk names New Order. By using this quirk she can set rules to a target and can manipulate and bestow new properties on them. The quirk has several constraints and rules to them. Let me explain all the rules of the Quirk.
Rules of New Order
- Cathleen Bale’s Quirk can set new rules up to two different targets at once.
- As far as powering up a living physical body, she has a hard limit so it cannot be infinite. Shigaraki inferred this based on the fact that Cathleen Bale’s body strength has a physical limit.
- Her quirk has no limit to how much she can incapacitate someone. This can be inferred when she set the rule of Shigaraki’s heart to stop.
- She needs to touch the target to set rules on them. The rule makes the target her plaything.
- For living things, she has to know the name of the character to assign rules to them. Shigaraki inferred this since her understanding of Shigaraki’s name doesn’t align with reality since Shigaraki’s true identity is impossible to infer.
- For nonliving things without a sense of self, her one-sided understanding of the target is enough to enforce the new rule.
Two Different Targets At Once
Cathleen Bale Quirk allows her to set rules to two different targets at once. One of the target is always herself and she decides the second target based on the situations. The target can be both living and non-living things.
New Rule By Touching
To assign a rule to target, she has to touch the character physically. This puts a limit to her quirk. Shigaraki noted this since she could have killed him immediately meeting him.
Limitation Of Quirk Using On Herself
When she uses the quirk on herself, there is a limit as how much she can power herself. If there is no limit she would have killed Shigaraki by just pure power. Her physical strength isn’t as powerful as All Might’s.
Living Things’ Name
To place a rule on anything, she has to know the name of the target. When she uttered Shigaraki’s name her rule didn’t have an effect on him. Since Shigaraki’s true identity is hazy for even himself since it he has both AFO’s and Shigaraki’s conscious within him. Her understanding of him didn’t mesh with the reality of his unique case and hence her powers didn’t work.
Application of Quirk on Nonliving Things
For non living things without a sense of self, her one sided understanding of them is enough. All she had to do is touch them to set a rule. She has an immense amount of freedom when it comes to non living things. She was to able set rules to things like Air, Laser Beams, Quirk, etc
- One Piece Quiz: Name TOP 50 characters in 2021 Popularity poll. - January 22, 2022
- One Piece Theory: Momonosuke’s Conquerors Haki In Wano - January 13, 2022
- One Piece Quiz: Can You Name All Warlords? - December 30, 2021